From Langwies, the hike climbs up the forest road through the forest. Before the path winds its way into the narrowing valley, it is worth looking back over Langwies and the Schanfigg. The valley soon becomes narrower and wilder, the path leads deeper and deeper into it through the galleries. As soon as you leave the galleries, the valley opens up and you can see the many Walser houses scattered throughout the valley. Now the trail climbs again a little and leads towards Strassberg. Shortly before the village, a path branches off to the Casanna ski house. If you continue along the path, you will reach the Strassberg mountain inn shortly before the Walser settlement.
The responsible persons strive to provide hikers with a well-developed and marked network of hiking trails. Please heed the rules and signposting. Daily updated information on the open winter hiking trails can be found on the winter sports report of Arosa Lenzerheide.
Tips and hints
OUR WISHES FOR HIKERS
- Dogs belong on a leash
- Please take litter and leftovers from picnics home again
- You will often see game on your walks. Enjoy the sight of these animals in their familiar surroundings.
- Leave trail markings
- Do not use closed paths Winter sports report
- Do not leave the officially marked winter hiking trails
Getting thereFrom Chur via the winding Arosastrasse road to Langwies.
ParkingPublic parking spaces are signalled. Immediately after the village centre there is a free car park above the "Säge".
Book recommendations for this region:
- Dress for unexpected changes in weather
- Footwear with good tread, winter walking sticks an advantage
- Protection against the cold: jumper, hat, gloves, windbreaker
- Sun hat, sun cream, UV protection, sunglasses