The tour starts in Arosa and proceeds via the Scheitenböden to the Prätschli. From there a leisurely ride along the Arlenwaldweg with a fabulous view towards Medergen takes you to the middle station. At sunset this is a particularly impressive, not-to-be-missed experience. The route continues to ascend consistently until there is a brief descent after passing under the Carmenna chairlift. Taking a break to enjoy some refreshments and the view on the terrace at the Restaurant Alpenblick is highly recommended.
From the restaurant there is a challenging single track above Lake Schwelli to Arve. From there you can enjoy the descent to Bärenbad before putting your skills to the test again on single tracks right through the middle of the forest.
Just before you reach the Alteiner Waterfalls the route takes you right through the middle of the wild and natural Isla to the reservoir and the final ascent to Arosa.
Safety informationAttention: Snowfields are possible on high sections until the summer months.
Tips and hints
ArosaTel. +41 (0)81 378 70 20
Basic Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Cycling helmet
- Cycling gloves
- Sturdy, comfortable and preferably waterproof footwear
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket)
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
Technical Equipment for Mountain Biking
- Air pump or CO2 pump including cartridges
- Puncture repair kit
- Replacement inner tube
- Tire levers
- Chain tool
- Hex keys
- Phone / device holder as required
- Bike lock as required
- Where applicable, the bike must meet requirements for road use by having a bell, front and rear lamps and spoke reflectors
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.