This hike moderately starts on the Hörnli peak and continues slightly downhill underneath the Plattenhorn on the path above the Carmenna hut. From there the hike leads fairly steep uphill over the Carmenna pass all the way to the Arosa Weisshorn summit. On the Carmenna pass is a wooden box in which you find a legend about the "Gottlobstein beim Carmennapass".
Once you arrive on the Weisshorn summit you are rewarded with a fantastic view all the way down to Chur and the whole Schanfigg valley. Besides the Hörnli hut and the Weisshorn peak restaurant offer a wide range of delicious regional dishes.
Getting thereOnce you arrive in Chur, follow the sign posts Arosa. Follow the main street to Innerarosa and turn left at the bus stop Gada.
ParkingThere is a limited number of parking spots at the Hörnli-Express bottom station. It is recommended to park at the car park Ochsenbühl and take the local bus to the gondola bottom station.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.