Take the free sports bus at the Post Lenzerheide and drive to the valley station of the chairlift Tgantieni. From there you can take the cable car to Tgantieni. Start your ascent to the Piz Scalottas or take the chair lift, which brings you comfortably to the summit. The view from Piz Scalottas over Lenzerheide and in the direction of Heinzenberg is beautiful! The June hut or the mountain restaurant Scalottas provide for the physical well-being. The hike takes you to the Piz Danis and the Staetzerhorn. From there you go downhill to the summit station Heidbueel, where you can easily take the cable car to Churwalden.
Tips and hints
From Basel and Zurich - Chur-Sued (exit no. 17) - Lenzerheide.
From Milano - Lugano - San Bernadino tunnel - Thusis - Chur (exit Lenzerheide) - Lenzerheide.
Parking spaces at the village entrance of Lenzerheide or at the Rothorn valley station.
Author’s map recommendations
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.