The part 10-lake hike leads past four of the lakes. The entire trail leads over hill and dale and is therefore somewhat challenging.
The Untersee is located at 1,691 meters above sea level and is directly connected to the Obersee via the Mittelbach. It is the natural bathing lake of Arosa and has a depth of 17 meters.
The Stausee, sometimes called Iselsee, is located at 1,606 m.a.s.l., just below the village of Arosa.
The Grüenseeli is situated at 1'811 m.a.s.l. surrounded by an idyllic little forest. From the outflow of the Stausee up the road, followed by a narrow hiking trail, the Grüenseeli is reached in about 45 minutes.
The Alteinsee is situated at 2'251 m.a.s.l. on Altein Tiefenberg, an alpine plateau in the Strelakette, south of the Arosa reservoir. Situated between the Alteiner Riegel and the Alteiner Fürggli, an incomparable view of numerous mountains presents itself from the lake.
The board for the 10-Lake-Plausch is placed at the outflow of the lake.
Wear good shoes, the hike is a bit demanding.
After the hike, take a dip in the Untersee and enjoy a delicious ice cream in the restaurant.
Getting thereBy car on the road from Chur to Arosa to Untersee.
ParkingIt has a parking lot near the lower lake.
Equipmentgood footwear, clothing suitable for the weather, food and drink
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.