Destinations in New York
Attractions in New York
Discover the region
New York, New York – City
Photo: Ferdinand Stöhr, CC0, unsplash.com
Away from the metropolis, New York State also has a lot to offer. In the west, Niagara Falls attracts numerous visitors every day. Vast amounts of water from the Niagara River plunge daily into the depths on the border between America and Canada. With the ‘Maid of Mist’ boat, you can get very close to the natural spectacle. Get ready for a few splashes of cool water!
Liquids are also the theme around the Finger Lakes. The many wineries that produce delicious New York wine invite you to take a break from a cycling or hiking tour through the beautiful landscape.
Get out into nature in the Adirondacks, one of the largest nature parks in the United States. The area consists of twelve districts, all with different outdoor adventures. From water tours by kayak or canoe to dashing mountain hikes, the northern part of the state has it all. How about a treetop tour at the Wild Center, for example?
Here we have collected some more sights of New York for you:
- Glassblowing demonstrations at the Corning Museum of Glass.
- Museum on the site of the Woodstock Music Festival, which left a lasting mark on the 1960s
- Howe Caverns
- History of the colonial period during the War of Independence in the region around Albany
- Saratoga Race Course, the oldest horse racing track in the United States
- Thousand Islands
- Victorian village in Chautauqua-Allegheny